Best of Korea - Jeju Olle Trail

Korea is not just about fast paced city and high tech technology. There's also beauty in its nature that can be enjoyed. On my trip last June, I went to Jeju again to experience the beauty of the island. Jeju offers this unique experience called the Jeju Olle trail for nature lovers to enjoy as well as get a little bit of exercise.

Here's an excerpt from Visit Korea's site on the trail:
For the global traveler looking for a unique destination, the olle walking paths on Jeju Island are highly appealing. These are 200km of connecting paths that will take travelers all along the south coast of Jeju Island. The Jeju Olle, which were inspired by the famous Pilgrim’s Trail in Spain, was made from the hidden, forgotten routes of Jeju Island, which cars cannot access.The route will take you to forests, mountains, beaches, and remote places and offer unrivalled views over Jeju’s unique, dramatic, volcanic landscape.
View of the trail along the beach.
View of the hotel from Olle trail. Sanbangsan mountain in the background
I stayed in Seogwipo this time so it was less city like and more nature like and one of the Olle trail is right along the coast outside of the hotel I stayed. I didn't have proper gears on and I brought my parents along so I didn't really went on a long path. Just as far as I can go. I can't remember exactly but I think I was at route 10 since we're close to the Sanbangsan mountain.

Rock cliffs along the trail
Another beach at the other side of the rock cliff
The path is not like brick roads laid out for you but they're still accessible. You'll encounter having to go through rock paths, climb uphill or downhill. Like jungle trekking minus the mosquito. At that time, the wind was blowing nicely giving me enough comfort to walk for quite a distance. I encountered beaches with abandoned ships, rock cliffs and a view of another beach that is so breathtaking.

buzz KOREA

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogMalaysia.com