Movie Review: The Hobbit - Desolation of Smaug

I manage to catch the preview screening of The Hobbit - Desolation of Smaug last night. Hehe. Thanks to a friend. I honestly didn't care about the first Hobbit when it came out. I only recently watched it on my iPad while I wait for my car to be serviced. Haha. It was not bad. Though I heard people say it was boring. Maybe cuz I took my time watching it. Now the new one is something to talk about.



Desolation of Smaug continues the journey of Bilbo, Gandalf and the dwarves towards reclaiming Erebor. As all adventure, there has to be obstacles. In this movie, they journey into dark forests, meet Elves and of course meet the infamous dragon Smaug. 


I absolutely enjoyed this movie better than the first. I find the adventures more interesting and we get to meet more familiar characters from LOTR. The cinematography was of course impressive. CG looked real (at times I wonder are the Orcs CG or people in prosthetics). There's even a love story fitted into this and it was a bit endearing to have. Of course the ending was a cliffhanger to make us more interested in watching the next. Length at times felt a bit too long but maybe it's cuz I was tired from working. Go see it!

If you haven't watched the Hobbit. Get it from iTunes and Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogMalaysia.com